August 1, 2019
Since National Day is around the corner, and with it is a long weekend holiday, we’ve whipped up a quick tea infused cocktail recipe for you to enjoy! Bring it to your National Day party or make it for your own enjoyment. It’s definitely going to be a crowd favourite!
This cocktail is similar to a frozen daiquiri but we’ve added our own special touch by infusing our Singapura Spice blend into this recipe! Singapura Spice is a green tea blend that also features curry leaves – a typical Asian ingredient, tropical fruits and spices too. Find out more about the blend here.
Here’s how to make the Sunny Singapura cocktail:
- – 3 sachets of Singapura Spice tea
- – 750ml room temperature water
- – 120g cubed pineapples
- – 120g cubed mangoes
- – 30ml lime juice
- – 60 ml white rum
- – Pineapple wedges and curry leaves for garnish
- 1. Dunk the 3 sachets of tea into the room temperature water, leave in the fridge to cold brew for at least 4 hours
- 2. Set aside 40ml of cold brew
- 3. Pour the remaining cold brew into an ice cube tray or mini silicon cupcake moulds and freeze
- 4. Cut fresh pineapples and mangoes into cubes and squeeze fresh lime juice
- 5. Once the tea ice cubes are ready, pour the cold brew tea, ice cubes, cut fruits, lime juice and rum into a blender
- 6. Blend well, pour into cocktail glass, garnish with pineapple wedge and curry leaves to serve
So, celebrate National Day in style with your very own locally inspired tea infused cocktail! Happy National Day everyone!